From CD Project say that the fans do not need to be afraid of microtransactions in Cyberpunk 2077

From CD Project say that the fans do not need to be afraid of microtransactions in Cyberpunk 2077

For some time we know that Cyberpunk 2077, new game from the creators of The Witcher, will have some form of multiplayer component. In today's time where is multiplayer there are also microtransactions, what CD Project has partially signaled with a message that their goal is to make Cyberpunk 2077 an online game that will be talked about for a long time.

Although it was not a direct confirmation that the game will take over the service model, and thus with that alone serve players who do not want to spend much time with it, after the situation with Star Wars Battlefront II many players blow also to the cold. As the speculations about potential microtransactions for Cyberpunk 2077 began to spread, CD Projekt decided to intervene with a rather unambiguous message:

"Do not worry. Cyberpunk 2077 will not be anything worse than Witcher 3 - it will have a huge singleplayer, open world and will be a story-based RPG. There will be no hidden catch, you will get what you have paid for - without scam, just honest gaming like with Wild Hunt. We leave greed to others", stands in the statement.

Tagged with: Controversy, Micro Transactions

Replies 115

Kohlbi

Gotta love the integrity of CD Projekt.  It's refreshing to see games treated as they were a decade or more ago.  With all the problems surrounding the larger publishers as of late I wonder if this will bring even more business to CD Projekt and others like them?

cuntrybutter

CD Projeckt isn't greedy like EA.  They really know how to make actual games that can be enjoyed without the always online wallet open mentality.

Vote with your wallet.

Makaveli8806

I trust they will get it right the first time

PedroNavaja

I don't think there's any reason to doubt them given their track record.

just4dell

I hope they live up to their statements.

This space intentionally left blank

ArchonDivico

This is why I love CD Projekt. They're pro-gamer at the very core. It isn't about the money- after all, they formed in a market of piracy to try to convince those gamers to buy games instead, and succeeded. It's about providing gamers with the best experience possible.

supremofilip

Great

radiant786

I trust them. 

CD Project cannot be compare to EA.

Both hands raised for CD Project.

IBCharlie

I hope

chocoloustic18

!!! CD Project cannot be compare to EA.

• 389 Points

INFORMATION

Cyberpunk 2077 will probably have a certain aspect designed by the model game as a service, but CD Project says fans should not be worried because of that.

Published por KiYaKarateMonster

Popular News

Ubisoft's pirate game Skull and Bones is alive, looking like an adult Sea of Thieves

Skull and Bones is alive, healthy and greedy - for treasures of course. Ubisoft's pirate game looks...
Jun 12, 2018 • por KiYaKarateMonster • 61 Respuestas • 658 Points

Cyberpunk 2077 - We have a hill of juicy information about the game everyone's talking about

We will not play Cyberpunk 2077 anytime soon, but after an hour long E3 demonstration, we've...
Jun 11, 2018 • por KiYaKarateMonster • 37 Respuestas • 610 Points

Assassin's Creed Odyssey takes us to the battle for the Peloponnese and in conflict with Socrates

The new Assassin's Creed may have been mechanically inspired by Origins, but in its essence is a...
Jun 12, 2018 • por KiYaKarateMonster • 40 Respuestas • 602 Points

Old acquaintances have appeared in a new trailer for Beyond Good and Evil 2

Ubisoft opened this year's E3 conference like they've closed it last year - by displaying Beyond...
Jun 12, 2018 • por KiYaKarateMonster • 32 Respuestas • 568 Points